This website provides updated information about services and supports in Durham Region during the COVID-19 pandemic. The information on our website is coordinated with the Durham Housing Advisory Network’s daily Service Updates. We are grateful to all the service providers who are continuing to provide services one way or another during the COVID-19 pandemic, and for sharing information about their services with us for you.
We are in this together.
🎄HOLIDAY SEASON SCHEDULES🎄
VICTIM SERVICES: Our office will be closed December 25 and 28 as well as January 1. We will be available to police for 24/7 call outs.
ACDR: The harm reduction program from ACDR at The Backdoor Mission will be closed from December 24-January 10th.
PINEWOOD COMMUNITY TREATMENT SERVICES: Pinewood Community Treatment services will remain available virtually/phone outside of holiday stat days for inquiries, intakes and support.
ST. ANDREW’S COMMUNITY FOODBANK AND SUPPORT PROGRAM (Every 2nd Friday 9:30 to 3:00 pm St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church 209 Cochrane St. Whitby 905-668-4022)
Nov 27nd Christmas hampers registration ENDS
THURSDAY DECEMBER 10th – Christmas Hamper Pick up 9:30- 3:00pm
Dec. 4th, Dec 11th, Dec 18th open
Dec 25th CLOSED
Jan 1st, Jan 8th open
❄It’s Getting Colder❄
As the weather continues to get colder many people are once again trying to keep warm outside. If you know people or organizations who are able to donate warming items, the following are needed:
Sleeping bags * Warm winter coats/parkas * Warm boots * Warm toques and mitts.
Please donate to the helping agency, shelter, or faith group of your choice. In particular, these locations would be happy to accept donations:
• Mission United/Backdoor Mission – 66 Simcoe St. South Oshawa, Bagot St entrance;
• Gate 3:16;
• The Refuge (Youth) – 300 Court St. Oshawa
• First Light Foundation of Hope
• Christian Faith Outreach Centre – Doors of Compassion (Ajax)
• Ajax Community Centre, 75 Centennial Dr. Ajax South/back entrance – Monday/Tuesday 9am to 1pm;
• McLean’s Community Centre 95 McGill Rd. Ajax East entrance – Friday 7am – 12pm;
• Cannington Hub at Allan’s Place 100 McKay St. Wednesday/Thursday 9am – 1pm (no shower access) beginning October 5th
• The Salvation Army Thrift Store at 45 King Street E, Oshawa
Services and Supports (click Below)