Oshawa Public Library
Our online chat function is now available Monday-Friday 9-8 and
Saturday/Sunday 9-5 for the public looking for support with library resources or access to community information. Go to www.oshlib.ca for more info.
Computer Access 💻
Starting July 8th public computer appointments will be available for customers at our Jess Hann and Northview Branches, followed by the McLaughlin Branch on Monday, July 13th. Each computer appointment will be a maximum of 45 minutes. Printers and photocopiers will also be available by appointment only. Due to physical distancing restrictions, availability is limited.
You may book your computer appointment in person, or by calling 905-579- 6111:
Jess Hann Branch – ext. 5860
Northview Branch – ext. 5871
McLaughlin Branch – ext. 5200
Before entering the Library, customers will complete a COVID-19 screening, and are required to practice safe physical distancing, proper hand hygiene, and wear a non-medical face mask or face covering while in the Library.
Computer stations will be cleaned between appointments.
Please note that the Library remains closed to the public with the exception of computer appointments. If you would like to borrow from the Library, you may place holds through the catalogue on our website or call 905-579-6111 ext. 5200 and we will contact you to schedule a pick-up time through our Take-Out service.
Ajax Public Library – Audley Branch, 1955 Audley Road (See notice below this update)
The Ajax Public Library is here for you! Our doors may be closed but you can still get help with your questions and explore a world of resources:
http://www.ajaxlibrary.ca . No library card? Click Library card? Click HERE for easy, online registration. Assistance? Live Chat, Online and Telephone: Staff are ready to walk you through all of your questions including community resources, forms and online collection suggestions.
Mondays: 8:30 am-8:30pm; Tuesday – Saturday: 8:30am – 4:30pm:
o Send Questions HERE.
o Call at 289-943-5001
o Chat Live: www.ajaxlibrary.ca
Staying cool? Main Branch : Temporary Cooling Centre: https://www.ajax.ca/en/temporary-cooling-centre-at-main branchlibrary.aspx
To provide relief for Town of Ajax residents during heat alerts, the Main Branch of Ajax Public Library will act as a Temporary Cooling Centre, starting Wednesday, June 10, 2020. Hours of operation will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m, while heat warnings for the Region remain in effect.
For service updates including virtual programs, curbside pickup and cooling centre hours, call 289-943-5001, check www.ajaxlibrary.ca or subscribe to the Library’s eNewsletter: http://ajaxlibrary.ca/?q=node/42
⁕NOTICE: Ajax Public Library⁕
Temporary Relocation Of All Services From Main Branch To Audley Branch
Between Monday July 20 – Monday August 3, the Main Branch will be closed for required roofing renovations. As such, recently launched services at the Main Branch will relocate to the Audley Branch, effective Tuesday, July 21st. The Audley Branch is located at 1955 Audley Road
The Audley Branch of the Library will provide the following services Tuesday – Saturday, 11 am to 7 pm:
•Curbside Pickup and Pedestrian Pickup
•PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS
•COOLING CENTRE (ONLY WHEN UNDER A HEATH ALERT)
Main Branch is scheduled to re-open on Tuesday, August 4, however this date may be subject to change. All updates will be publicized once confirmed.
Customers with questions or concerns about the relocation of services can call us at 289-943-5001 between 8:30 and 4:30 pm.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience during this time
Computer Access 💻
July 21st, 2020
Computer access appointments is available Tuesdays to Saturdays between 11am to 7pm (the last bookable time-slot is 6pm). These one hour slots permit 45 minutes of customer use plus a mandatory 15 minutes of workstation cleaning for the next customer. Following health & safety protocols including safe physical distancing, customers are able to enter after completing the COVID-19 self-assessment to use an assigned work station on the 2nd floor with their library card. Call 905-683-4000 ext. 8813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment now!
- Appointments are available on-the-hour between 11am to 7pm (the last bookable time-slot is 6pm) and limited to two (2) sessions per day.
- Please bring your library card for identification purposes — ask staff if you need help registering for a new card!
- Arrive at the Main Branch Harwood Ave entrance 10 minutes before your scheduled time. Staff will greet you there.
- Successful completion of a manadatory COVID-19 self-assessment is
required prior to entry.
- Staff will guide you to follow the directions to 2nd floor. Additional staff will greet you and show you to your assigned computer workstation on the 2nd floor.
- Login and work on the computer for up to 45 minutes. Access to the printers will also be available. Staff are available at service desk for assistance.
- Once your 45 min session is over, please follow the directions to exit the branch.
- Please note: there will be no access to the library materials while in the branch at this time. Materials are only available via curbside pickup. If required, please speak to a staff member about placing holds on additional materials.