Donation Needed: Looking for sewn masks
CMHA Durham is looking for community support for fabric sewn masks.
If you or someone you know has a sewing machine and is willing to assist us would be much appreciated. Here is are some links below with instructions and patterns:
It has been recommended that pleated masks with ties are more comfortable and allow for variable sizing.
If fabric is not available, any clean breathable cotton fabric can be used (i.e. sheets).
We appreciate any support to help us serve our community for as long as possible.
To reach CMHA-Durham please phone at 995-436-8760 or contact
United Way Durham COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
Donate to the United Way Durham COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund. Every dollar will stay in Durham Region and assist those most vulnerable in our community.
The United Way in Durham is uniquely positioned to work with existing agency and community partners to ensure that your dollars are utilized efficiently and with scale.
As we work through this, we thank you for helping us return to a healthier and more prosperous Durham Region for all.
Durham Outlook for The Needy (DOFN operates St. Vincent’s Kitchen)
DOFN would like to thank everyone for their concerns and caring emails that we have been receiving lately. It is truly appreciated during hard times such as these. Many people have been asking for ways to aid through volunteering, donating food or monetary donations to help DOFN.
- Monetary Donations: The best way to help support DOFN during these difficult times is through monetary donations. This can be done online at https://durhamoutlook.com/donate/
- In person: Cheques or cash can be safely dropped off in our mailbox. Please email for times when this will be available. The mailbox is located right inside the main entrance door on your right-hand side. The main door faces the King Street side of the building and has a sign that reads Durham Outlook for the Needy above the door. The door handle and mailbox will be sanitized. If you see someone inside using the mailbox, please wait outside for them to exit. One person inside at a time please.
- Address is 51 King St E, Oshawa L1H 1B4 First Drop off time will be between 12pm-2pm Tuesday April 7th
- Volunteering: Currently as a safety precaution we are not requiring the need of any more volunteers during this time, however, when we reopen, we will require all the volunteers we can possibly get. We will notify everyone when the timing is right. Please watch our Facebook page –https://www.facebook.com/durham.outlook/
- Food Donations: We are requesting that all food donations be dropped off to Feed the Need. They can be reached at 905-571-3863, please call ahead and do not just show up. We are working with Feed the Need and other organizations in the community pooling our resources together.
- Programs: Out of the three programs DOFN offers, our Food Distribution and Pick-Up program is still in operation. We are combining efforts with other organizations in the community to ensure the vulnerable in our community are still being supported in the safest possible way. For the protection of the vulnerable in our community we have had to close the kitchen and store programs. These programs will re-open once the state of emergency has been removed.
Thank you to all of the front line workers risking their lives every day to make our community a better place.