Brock Community Health Centre
Primary care services (including social work and dietitian services) are continuing in modified format in Cannington and Beaverton. Some appointments are being done by telephone or video, some are deferred in consultation with clients, and urgent matters are seen in person, by appointment only.
Call 705-432-3388 (Cannington) and 705-426-4636
Community support services are available for food access, systems navigation and wellness checks. Virtual programs can be found at
Call 705-432-3322. OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
North House remains closed to walk-ins but outreach staff are available to help by phone, email, video or text message. We have resumed income tax services through drop-off or mail in only.
Contact us at:
Uxbridge/Scugog: (289) 640-1929 or Brock: (705) 432-8654
Outreach is ext. 102 and 103
Tax line is 104
North House assists the most vulnerable in the townships of Brock, Scugog and Uxbridge through the following services:
• Assistance with housing search
• Provide access to stability funds for rent and utility arrears, last month’s
rent and moving costs
• Assistance with rental applications for market and rent-geared-toincome housing
• Landlord and Tenant Board support
• Referrals to government and community resources
• Eviction prevention through mediation with landlords
• Navigation of the Residential Tenancy Act with tenants and landlords
• Income tax preparation
• I.D. replacement
• Advocacy and referral for the Ontario Works and Ontario Disability
• Referral to an emergency shelter
• Assistance with the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) and the
Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) applications
CHPI Program (Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative) Community Living Durham North
The CHPI program at Community Living Durham North is open for business. Our building is closed but we are meeting with clients digitally and are still offering all our services. New clients are welcome.
CHPI offers housing support services to anyone experiencing or at risk of homelessness across Durham North including;
- Assisting to find and maintain housing
- Advocating with landlords for tenants
- Support at the landlord tenant tribunal
- Applying for and obtaining supports through community resources
- Connecting people to community resources.
We offer a wraparound service that works with all elements that affect housing. We work from a holistic, non-judgmental place and meet clients where they are at. Our goal is to assist individuals to be as successful as possible in maintaining and sustaining housing that is healthy and safe.
Our contact information is 905-852-5919 and we are open from 8 to 5.
CHPI at Community Living Durham North is back. We are now providing and offering Harm Reduction supplies & supports to people in North Durham.
Effective now, we have both Smoke and Injection kits available. The CHPI program acknowledges that many aspects can lead to homelessness including substance use and works with members of the North Durham community no matter their status of usage and that abstinence is not a requirement for our services. By including harm reduction supports and supplies as part of our services, we acknowledge that each client’s relationship with substance use is different. Providing harm reduction supports and supplies allows our clients who use substances to have increased choice and control over their health, lives and enables them to take protective measures for not only themselves but also their families and our North Durham community.
Contact our office 905-852-5919 – Chantal and Dawn would be happy to help you any way we can.
FOOD BANKS IN DURHAM REGION (Feed the Need Durham Partners)
HELPING HANDS UXBRIDGE
Helping hands Uxbridge volunteers will do shopping for seniors.
Call 1 833 Help 852 which is 1 833 435 7852.